Adrian Vuckovich is an accomplished trial lawyer with nearly 30 years of experience. (Admitted to practice in Illinois on November 7, 1991.) He has successfully represented numerous clients in bench trials, jury trials, arbitration and at hearings before various administrative agencies.
Although he handles a range of matters for individuals and businesses, Mr. Vuckovich concentrates his practice in business and real estate litigation, disputes between shareholders, disputes between business partners, complex family disputes, and also attorney and judicial disciplinary matters, legal ethics/professional responsibility and legal malpractice. Additionally, Mr. Vuckovich represents individuals in trust and probate litigation, employment disputes, family law matters, foreclosure defense, and many different kinds of business, real estate and personal matters. Mr. Vuckovich also handles certain personal injury matters on behalf of injured individuals.
While Mr. Vuckovich represents clients at trial, he is also a skilled negotiator and works to accomplish the goals of clients in the most efficient manner possible. By guiding clients into a strong pre-trial position, Mr. Vuckovich has been able to satisfactorily conclude contentious disputes by way of settlement involving pre-trial conference and by assisting clients at professional mediation venues to accomplish an early result with the client’s participation.
Mr. Vuckovich also advises professionals on a variety of matters.
Mr. Vuckovich provides ethics advice and professional direction to attorneys and law firms. He also regularly represents lawyers before the Illinois Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission. Mr. Vuckovich has acted as an expert witness in legal malpractice cases and matters involving attorney ethics. Mr. Vuckovich also defends professionals before the Illinois Department of Professional Responsibility.
Mr. Vuckovich also has a significant appellate practice. He has represented individuals and businesses in a variety of appeals. He has argued before the First District Appellate Court of Illinois and also the Second District Appellate Court of Illinois. He is also admitted to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals as well as the United States Supreme Court. Mr. Vuckovich is often retained post-trial to represent a client before the appellate court.
Representative matters include:
- Successful defense of complex shareholder dispute involving numerous breach of fiduciary and corporate fraud claims and involving hundreds of millions of dollars
- Successful defense and settlement of multimillion dollar lawsuit filed by large bank against large real estate developer
- Directed verdict following bench trial involving action brought by lender against homeowner; upheld on appeal
- On appeal, reversed trial court order disqualifying attorney based on prior representation
- Obtained dismissal of condemnation action by demonstrating that governmental authority did not pass ordinance authorizing action
- Settled property damage claim for hundreds of thousands of dollars for building damaged by collapse of neighbor’s building
- Representation of numerous attorneys in investigation (investigation closed; no public complaint filed) and defense of charges at Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission leading to satisfactory discipline on consent or successful resolution at trial.
- Representation of members of judiciary before Judicial Inquiry Board and Courts Commission including confidential closures and public matters
2017 Vanguard Award recipient.
Panelist at Law Bulletin ethics seminar: 2020; 2019; 2018
Recipient, Best Petitioner’s Brief Award. Niagara Moot Court Team, 1990. Judicial Conference Symposium Editor, Loyola Law Journal, 1990 – 1991. Author: “Diminskis v. CTA: Circumventing Expert Witness Discovery,” Vol. 21:3 Loyola Law Journal.